BEST WESTERN Antlers
171 W 6th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601-2911
Phone: 970/945-8535 | Fax: 970/384-5190 | 99 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
The choice in Glenwood Springs, CO hotels, BEST WESTERN Antlers is the most spacious, picturesque, smoke free hotel property in the Aspen Valley. Family owned and operated for over 40 years, this resort style motor lodge is designed for relaxation and family fun. Unlike any other Glenwood Springs hotel our 99 guest rooms and suites sit upon five acres of land, the largest hotel property in downtown.
We invite you to get out of the car and enjoy on-site amenities like seasonal paddle tennis, horseshoes, two playgrounds, seasonal heated pool and toddler pool, indoor hot tub, picnic and bbq areas. Modern conveniences like wireless Internet access make this the best choice for hotels in Glenwood Springs. Our walk to everything location is unique in that we are surrounded by red mountains, mature trees and landscaping. The best part, unlike most Glenwood hotels we enjoy little noise pollution from I-70. Our large property can accommodate RV and trailer parking and our motor lodge parking means your vehicle is just outside your door.
Traveling with a large family or group? Some of our room configurations can fit six people to a room!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of eggs, waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, and hot items.
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Outdoor pool, heated seasonal large pool and wading pool
- Complimentary breakfast
- Indoor pool
- Playground, two plagrounds on-site
- Volleyball, season sand volleyball
- Guest laundry
- 24-hour front desk
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Truck/RV parking, limited
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Hot tub, indoor year round whirlpool
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Exterior corridor
- Cable or satellite television Cable TV
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms, free high-speed Internet access.
- Business center located in our lobbby
- Seasonal Paddle Tennis
- Sand Volleyball Court
- On-site coin laundry
- Complimentary shuttle to Glenwood Springs Amtrak Station
- Nearly five acres for our guests to enjoy!
BEST WESTERN Antlers
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western antlers in Glenwood Springs.
BEST WESTERN Antlers
Conveniently located, the best western antlers in Glenwood Springs, Colorado is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 39.552745 / Latitude: -107.328445
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: I-70 traveling west Get off of I-70 at Exit 116 "Glenwood Springs, Aspen, Snowmass". Turn right on to Frontage Road into the far left lane. Make a left at the first light onto West Sixth street. The BEST WESTERN Antlers is located one block from the signal on the right.
From: I-70 traveling east Get off of I-70 at Exit 116 "Glenwood SPrings, Aspen, Snowmass". Turn left on to Frontage Road into the far left lane. Make a left at the first light onto West Sixth street. The BEST WESTERN Antlers is located one block from the signal on the right.
From: Highway 82 north Follow highway 82 North through Historic Downtown Glenwood Springs. Stay in right most lane as you go over Interstate 70 overpass. The first light, sixth street, make left. Continue one block to next light, remain in right most lane. Proceed through light vering slightly to your right onto West Sixth Street. BEST WESTERN Antlers will be one block past the signal on your right.
BEST WESTERN Antlers
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Opened in 1979, the Children's Museum of Denver offers a wide range of hands-on activities and interactive exhibits for children to discover and explore while visiting the Denver area. Popular exhibits include: 3, 2, 1... Blast Off!, the Assembly Plant, Click Clack Train Track, and ARTS a la Carte.
The museum also hosts year-round family events – two of which are the Bunny Trail EggVenture and Snack with Santa. This Denver museum has 10,000 square feet of adaptable space available for birthday parties, meetings, fund raisers, receptions, and family reunions.
Colorado State Capitol
Buit in 1894, the Colorado State Capitol is located on Colfax Avenue in downtown Denver.
The building is a National Historic Landmark and a U.S. Historic district, housing the Colorado General Assembly and serves as the office for the Governor and Lieutenant Governor.
Beautiful Colorado Rose Onyx, a rare rose-colored marble, was used throughout the interior.
The Rotunda features 16 stained glass windows, known as the Hall of Fame, honoring the state's earliest pioneers.
A tour of the building is requisite while visiting Denver no matter the season.
Rocky Mountain baseball fans have made their way to Coors Field every summer since 1995, where Major League Baseball's Colorado Rockies play all their home games. The 50,000 capacity ball park is located in the Denver metropolitan area and is synonymous with big hits and crushed home runs.
Located directly behind right field is the Blue Moon Brewery at The Sandlot restaurant, where fans can catch a bite to eat without missing a single pitch. Coors Field is no stranger to the national stage – both the 2007 World Series and 1998 All-Star Game took place at Coors Field.
Located in Denver's City Park, the Denver Museum of Natural History and Science houses variety of programs, exhibits, and events striving to "excite minds through scientific discovery".
Whether viewing a showing in the Planetarium, watching a film in the IMAX Theater, or strolling through the Wildlife Exhibits, there is plenty of discovery to be had. Spend a few days in this beautiful city park area of downtown Denver and visit the nearby Denver Zoo and Duck Lake.
Home to over 3,500 animals from over 650 species, the Denver Zoo is one of the more popular zoos in America.
Constantly striving to enhance the lives of animals, the zoo has recently created the Predator Ridge, Tropical Discovery, and Primate Panorama naturalistic habitats, with those efforts in mind.
The Denver Zoo Keeper Experience, Zoo Camps and Bunk with the Beasts are a few of the wonderful kids' programs also available at the zoo.
And don't forget to visit Mshindi, the rhinoceros that paints with a brush. Enjoy a fun-filled day at Colorado's most popular cultural attraction, in the beautiful City Park area of downtown Denver.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
Since its discovery in the late 1800s, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park has become a thrilling destination for Glenwood Springs visitors.
Park-goers will find plenty of ways to get their adrenaline pumping with rides like the speedy Alpine Coaster, the Giant Canyon Swing, and the Soaring Eagle Zip Ride.
Spelunkers in the Denver area can delight in the walking tour of Glenwood Caverns, Colorado's largest show cave, or crawl through the cave on the Wild Tour.
The 4D motion theater, climbing wall, bungee trampoline, and laser tag are among other options for a fun-filled day at the park.
Located on the Colorado River, the Glenwood Springs Amtrak Station serves as a stop along the California Zephyr route in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. The Amtrak Station-GSC features a daily eastbound train at approximately 12:10 p.m., and a 1:53 p.m. westbound train.
Constructed in 1904 by the Denver & Rio Grande railroad, the historic Glenwood Station is Colorado’s second busiest Amtrak station, and also features the Glenwood Railroad Museum. The BEST WESTERN Antlers hotel provides a free shuttle to and from Glenwood Springs Railroad Station.
Hanging Lake Trail
Open year-round, the trail reaches up to 1,050 feet in elevation, and is labeled as difficult.
Hanging Lake Trail spans from Interstate 70 and the Colorado River to Hanging Lake, and follows Deadhorse Creek.
For over 125 years, the Montrose County Fair and Rodeo has offered rodeo fun and western heritage for all southern Colorado visitors. The 10-day festivities include a Junior livestock show, CPRA Rodeo, ranch rodeo, horse shows and a tractor pull.
Kids enjoy competing in the junior shows including the dog agility, rabbit show, Working Ranch Show, sheep show, and goat show. Build a float for entry in the fair parade and have fun cruising through town. Submit your best chili for the Chili Cook-Off or arrive hungry for the pie-eating contest.
Located north of Montrose, the Montrose Regional Airport has provided air travel service since 1988. The airport provides a variety of services for southern Colorado travelers, including Commercial flights to Dallas/Fort Worth, Atlanta, Denver, Houston, and Chicago, are available via American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines and United Airlines.
As the closest airport to Telluride, many passengers fly into the airport to make their way to Telluride Ski Resort, for fun on the ski slopes. The Jetway Cafe, the gift shop, rental car agencies, and convenient parking, are additional services available at the airport.
Sunlight Mountain Resort
Established in 1966, the Sunlight Ski Area features 67 ski trails.
During the summer months, Sunlight Mountain Resort offers biking tours and horseback riding.
Besides skiing, winter activities at Sunlight include snowboarding, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling – all in the heart of Colorado Ski Country.
White River National Forest
Comprised of 2.3 million acres, White River National Forest is an outdoors person's dream, featuring eight wilderness areas in the middle of the Rocky Mountains in northern Colorado.
Moreover, the national forest boasts of 10 mountain peaks higher than 14,000 feet, and the skiing is fabulous in forest's 12 ski resorts.
The 2,500 trails offer endless options for hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding.
Hunting, fishing, boating, and picniking are also favorite activities.
It's no wonder the forest is visited by more than 10 million guests each year, making it the most-visited recreation forest in America.
World renowned for their therapeutic value, Yampah Spa & Salon is located in Glenwood Springs in central Colorado along the Colorado River. The Yampa Hot Springs can be experienced as a spa treatment in the Vapor Caves – vitamins and minerals enriched therapeutic steam coming in a cave setting at 125 degrees.
Also known as Glenwood Hot Springs, the land was purchased by investors in 1880 and built into an outdoor hot spring bath, known as the “Spa of the Rockies.” The original bathhouse was built in 1890, and has since evolved and become an updated version with modern amenities for Yampa Hot Springs visitors.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2 block(s) from Glenwood Adventure Park, Base of iconic Iron Mountain Tramway is across the street giving visitors full access to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
- 2 block(s) from Glenwood Caverns, Year round access is provided by Iron Mountain tramway to tour historic caverns and caves that make Glenwood Springs such a popular destination.
- 4 block(s) from Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, Walk to the world's largest Natural Hot Springs Pool, Spa, and seasonal slides and mini golf.
- 4 block(s) from Downtown Glenwood Springs, Enjoy this nearby historic area boasting numerous independant shops, restaurants, museuma, galleries, outfitters, and Amtrak station.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Hanging Lake, World famous hike access to hanging lake trail via the Glenwood Canyon.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Yampa Spa and Vapor Caves, Along the Colorado River, Yampah Spa's Hot Springs mineral water has comforted residents and visitors for 120 years.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Colorado River Access, Twin Rivers park, within walking distance, boasts skate park, playground, paviallion, Baseball diamond, colorado river accesss for fishing, boating and tubing. During the summer this has historically been home to free concert series.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Doc Holliday's Grave, A western history buffs favortie stop located at the Pioneer Cemetary on 11th and Bennett.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Glenwood Canyon Bike Path, Glenwoods Springs is located at the western edge of the Glenwood Canyon along the Colroado River. Take in this national treasure by foot, bike, or segway along the Glenwood Canyon Bike Path.
- 0.25 mile(s) from Rio Grande Bike Path, access recreational path south along the old Rio Grand Railroad which connects Glenwood Springs to the communities of Carbondale, Redstone, Basalt, Snowmass and Aspen.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Glenwood Golf Course, Considered the best nine hole course in Colorado!
- 3.00 mile(s) from Glenwood Kayak Park, Practice your paddling in this man made park area. Kayaking, balance boards ad surfing have all been know to happen here.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Glenwood Recreation Cente, Indoor pool, full gymnasium, climbing wall, outdoor tennis, seasonal ice rink, weights, and cardio all in one location.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Sunlight Mountain Resort, Great family and budget friendly ski area in Glenwood's backyard!
- 27.00 mile(s) from Snowmass Resort & Village, great year round resort with world class skiing and riding, biking and hiking. We hear a few mammoth bones have been uncovered here too!
- 29.00 mile(s) from Redstone Caslte, historic redstone castle sits along the crystal river in nearby Redstone.
- 41.00 mile(s) from Aspen Resort, home to wold class events like ESPN® WInter games and the Winternational Women's downhill Aspen is known for epic powder and challenging terrain.
- 51.00 mile(s) from Beaver Creek Resort, home to the Men's World Cup Birds of Prey Downhill in early December this is the least crowded of all Vail Resort resorts.
- 61.00 mile(s) from Vail Resort, hot the epic back bowls or dive deep into a bowl of the best cuisine offerings in the central rockies! Vail's unique European charm is worth a drive!
- 3.00 mile(s) from Glewood Meadows, Year round shoppping access to Lowes, Target, Natural Grocer, Sports Authority, Peir 1, Petco, Game Stop, Zumiez, Chili's, Sally's Beauty Supply. Great local dining too!
- 2.00 mile(s) from Glenwood Mall, The city's only indoor shopping area including Ross, JcPenny, Payless, Tractor Supply to name a few.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Indoor pool
- 0.10 mile(s) from Whitewater River Rafting, Colorado River Rafting offered by numerous rafting companies
- 0.50 mile(s) from Glenwood Canyon biketrail, 16 miles to Bair Ranch: local bike rental companies
- 1.50 mile(s) from Golfing
- 2.00 mile(s) from Fishing, Frying Pan and Roaring Fork River
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hunting, Colorado hunting license required
- 5.00 mile(s) from Camping
BEST WESTERN Antlers
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Glenwood Springs. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 Collaboration Fest Denver
Nearly 150 breweries from five different countries are set to showcase their sudsiest brews at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Brew lovers surely won't want to miss this event. The fun begins at 3 p.m. Tickets are on sale now – get yours today.
2016 Denver March Pow Wow
Celebrate the Native American heritage of Denver at the Denver Coliseum. The day's itinerary includes over 1,000 dancers from over 100 tribes showcasing cultural song, dance, and storytelling, alongside foot, art, and more. The fun begins at 10 a.m.
2016 Five Points Jazz Festival
Now in its 12th year, the Five Points Jazz Festival celebrates all things cool and smooth, as over 20,000 are expected to descend up the historic Five Points neighborhood in Denver for a full day of music across multiple stages. The music begins at 11 a.m.
2016 Maker Fair Spring Festival
Come check out the variety of aristan goods and one-of-a-kind gifts at the City Auditorium. Other highlights include special treats, local food vendors, DIY crafts available for free, and free tote bag to the first 50 adults.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean