BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
3440 S Vance Street, Lakewood, CO 80227-5150
Phone: 303/989-5500 | Fax: 303/989-0646 | 117 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
This Denver hotel offers a tranquil suburban setting nestled in the Rocky Mountain foothills with comfortable accommodations and great amenities.
Serving guests is a pleasure at the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest located in Lakewood, Colorado just minutes from downtown Denver! Hotel guests, whether traveling for business or leisure, are made to feel at home every time. No other comparable hotel in the area can offer an on-site business center, seasonal outdoor heated pool (May to September), full breakfast buffet and an espresso bar.
Guests can stay in shape or just unwind at the on-site exercise facility. A moderate size meeting room is located on-site for any type of special occasion or business gathering. Every guest room includes free high-speed Internet access, in-room toiletries and a coffee/tea maker.
The hotel is centrally located in suburban Denver, providing easy access to the nearby Denver Zoo, Pepsi Center, Botanical Gardens, Coors Field, Invesco Field at Mile High, Elitch Gardens Amusement Park and Water Park. Hotel guest will also have easy access to Red Rocks Amphitheater, Denver's amazing concert venue. Great shopping, artistic venues and entertainment are all just a short drive away!
The BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest is the perfect destination for travelers who are in town for seasonal events. Be sure to make a reservation today to guarantee a Best Western low rate!
MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO PROVIDE ACCOMMODATION TO PERSONS OF AN AGE LESS THAN MAJORITY UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT. PROOF OF LEGAL AGE MAY BE REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, includes waffle bar, sausage biscuits, egg patties, etc.
- Outdoor pool, heated, seasonal (operates from May to September). Heated to 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility 24 hour
- 24-hour front desk
- High-speed Internet access
- Multilingual staff (English, Spanish)
- Express check out
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Computer available
- Photocopy services
- Audio/visual equipment
- Mail services
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Physically challenged services
- Hearing impaired services
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Weight lifting equipment
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- Concierge, front desk
- Guest laundry facility, open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., fees apply
- Safe deposit box
- Fresh baked cookies after 4:00pm (Thursday through Saturday)
- Complimentary USA Today newspaper provided in the lobby Monday through Friday
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western denver southwest in Lakewood.
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
Conveniently located, the best western denver southwest in Lakewood, Colorado is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 39.654155 / Latitude: -105.080165
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 25 to 6th Avenue West to Wadsworth Boulevard South. Left on Girton Street. Right on Vance Street. BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest is on the left
From: The south. Take Interstate 25 to the 194/Highway C-470 Exit. Go to the Highway 285 North Exit toward Denver and exit at Wadsworth Boulevard. Turn left, then turn right on Girton, then right onto Vance Street to the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
From: The east. Take Interstate 25 South, exit 6th Avenue West. Exit on Wadsworth Boulevard South, turn left on Girton Street and then turn right on Vance Street and go to the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
From: The west. From Interstate 70 take C470 East, towards Colorado Springs, to Highway 285 North toward Denver. Exit at Wadsworth Boulevard turn left, and then turn right on West Girton, then right on Vance Street to the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The Children's Museum of Denver offers a wide range of hands-on activities and interactive exhibits for children to discover and explore. Popular exhibits include: 3, 2, 1... Blast Off!, The Assembly Plant, Click Clack Train Track and ARTS a la Carte. The museum also hosts year-round family events - two of which are the Bunny Trail EggVenture and Snack with Santa.
This Denver museum has 10,000 square feet of adaptable space available for birthday parties, meetings, fund raisers, receptions and family reunions. While visiting the Mile High City, consider checking into one of several Denver area Best Western hotels to enjoy wonderful guest amenities and services, close to the action.
The Colorado State Capitol building, a resemblance to the U.S. Capitol building, houses the Colorado General Assembly and serves as the office for the Governor and Lieutenant Governor. This white granite building, featuring a 24-karat gold plated dome, was completed in 1894. Beautiful Colorado Rose Onyx, a rare rose-colored marble, was used throughout the interior. The Rotunda features 16 stained glass windows, known as the Hall of Fame, honoring the state's pioneers.
While in Denver's Civic Center area, be sure to schedule a tour to see this memorable building and grounds. The hand-painted originals of each U.S. President are a must-see. Stay in comfort in Denver one of several area Best Western hotels. Have fun exploring Denver.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is a must-see attraction while visiting the Mile High City. The variety of programs, exhibits and events strive to "excite minds through scientific discovery". Whether viewing a showing in the Planetarium, watching a film in the IMAX Theater or strolling through the Wildlife Exhibits, there is plenty of discovery to be had.
The Denver Zoo is one of the more popular zoos in America, for good reason. Visitors have the opportunity to view 3,500 animals from over 650 species, including exotic animals. The Denver zoo is constantly striving to enhance the lives of animals and have recently created the Predator Ridge, Tropical Discovery and Primate Panorama naturalistic habitats, with those efforts in mind.
The Denver Zoo Keeper Experience, Zoo Camps and Bunk with the Beasts are a few of the wonderful kids' programs also available at the zoo. And don't forget to visit Mshindi, the rhinoceros that paints with a brush. Enjoy a fun-filled day at Colorado's most popular cultural attraction, in the beautiful City Park area of downtown Denver. Accommodations near the zoo include several area Best Western hotels.
The MillerCoors Brewery began in Golden with the opening of Coors Brewery in 1873. Miller brewery started in 1855 in Milwaukee before joining Coors in 2008. Many family members continue the work and legacy of the founders at the brewery today. The self-paced, free tour in the "world's largest single-site brewery" highlights the processes for malting, brewing and packaging.
After the tour, try a sample in the refrigerated room and check out the historical photos, bottles and memorabilia. Stop buy the Coors & Co. Gift Shop to purchase a souvenir from the tour. Best Western hotels in Lakewood are a logical and convenient choice for accommodations in the Denver area.
The Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre in Morrison is a one-of-a-kind concert destination in the Denver area. Several concerts are scheduled throughout the summer in the open-air amphitheatre, surrounded by the gorgeous red rock formations.
Those looking for a unique place to hike or mountain bike enjoy the trails in the park. Runners love to run the stairs for a change in their work-out routine.
While at Red Rocks, be sure to check out the Visitors Center complete with a full service restaurant, the Performers Hall of Fame and interactive displays. Drive to nearby Lakewood for convenient lodging at Best Western hotels, while the Front Range.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3 mile(s) from White Fence Farm
- 5 mile(s) from Denver Federal Center
- 5 mile(s) from Columbia Swedish Medical Center,
- 6.5 mile(s) from horseback riding
- 7 mile(s) from Red Rocks Amphitheater,
- 7 mile(s) from U.S. Mint, free tours
- 7 mile(s) from Colorado State Capital, free tours
- 10 mile(s) from Pepsi Center, basketball, hockey,
- 10 mile(s) from Coors Brewery, free tours
- 11 mile(s) from Denver Center for Performing Arts
- 11 mile(s) from Denver Art Museum
- 11.5 mile(s) from Six Flags® Elitch Gardens
- 12 mile(s) from Coors Field, home of Colorado Rockies
- 14 mile(s) from Denver Zoo, world class zoo
- 15 mile(s) from buffalo herd, city herd maintained since 1860
- 17 mile(s) from Balister Vineyards
- 30 mile(s) from Central City casinos, shuttle 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 2 mile(s) from Southwest Plaza shop
- 4 mile(s) from Bel Mar, high end shopping
- 7 mile(s) from 16th Street Mall, outdoor pedestrian mall
- 9.5 mile(s) from Aspen Grove, outdoor mall
- 10 mile(s) from Colorado Mills, indoor / outdoor outlet mall
- 11 mile(s) from Denver Pavillions, outdoor mall
- 15 mile(s) from Cherry Creek Mall, high end indoor / outdoor shopping
- 20 mile(s) from Park Meadows Mall, high end indoor mall
- 21 mile(s) from Flatiron Crossing, indoor / outdoor mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 7 mile(s) from Morrison
- 7.5 mile(s) from Littleton
- 11 mile(s) from Denver
- 15 mile(s) from Golden
- 17 mile(s) from Evergreen
- 37 mile(s) from Blackhawk/Central City
- 38 mile(s) from Boulder
- 44 mile(s) from Georgetown/Idaho Springs
- 46 mile(s) from Breckinridge
- 60 mile(s) from Copper Mountain
- 73 mile(s) from Colorado Springs
- 74 mile(s) from Fort Collins
- 96 mile(s) from Vail
- 156 mile(s) from Aspen
- 0.10 mile(s) from Academy Park
- 4.00 mile(s) from Federal Center Offices
- 8.50 mile(s) from Lockheed Martin
- 15.00 mile(s) from Meriton Office Complex
- 5 mile(s) from Colorado Christian University
- 10 mile(s) from Red Rocks Community College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.50 mile(s) from Bear Creek Trail, jogging, biking, hiking, bird watching
- 1.00 mile(s) from Geenfields, billiards/snooker
- 3.50 mile(s) from Foothills Ice Arena, indoor skating
- 4.00 mile(s) from Bel Mar, outdoor ice skating
- 5.00 mile(s) from Fox Hollow, golf and driving range
- 5.00 mile(s) from Bandimere Speedway, stock car heats and seasonal Christmas displays
- 5.00 mile(s) from Fat City, bowling
- 6.00 mile(s) from Green Mountain Park
- 7.00 mile(s) from Chatfield Resevoir, seasonal watersports and boating
- 7.00 mile(s) from Bear Creek Lake State Par, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, parasailing, water skiing
- 8.00 mile(s) from Dinosaur Ridge, nature preserve
- 8.00 mile(s) from Red Rocks
- 11.00 mile(s) from Platte River Rowing Club
- 11.00 mile(s) from Ocean Journey Aquarium, scuba diving, 25 logged dives required
- 13.00 mile(s) from Invesco Field, home of Denver Broncos
- 17.00 mile(s) from Denver Polo Club
- 48.00 mile(s) from Nederland, Eldora Ski Area
- 50.00 mile(s) from Loveland Ski Area
- Across the street from Peking-Tokyo Express, Chinese, 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Across the street from Pizza Hut, Fast Food, Italian, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Subway, Deli, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
- Across the street from Namaste Restaurant, Indian, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Hoffbrau Bar & Grill, American, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Across the street from Granny Scott's Pie Shop, Deli, 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, American, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Wingman Hot Wings, Fast Food, 10:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Pad Thai, Thai, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Oliveto, Italian, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Winchell's Donut House, Fast Food, 24 hours
- .1 mile(s) from Village Inn, American, 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- .16 mile(s) from Sandrita's Mexican Food, Mexican, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- .2 mile(s) from Perkin's Family Restaurant, American, 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Lakewood. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Chowder Festival 2014
Winter Park Farmers' Market hosts this delicious gathering of chowders from local chefs. Wine & beer accompany live music. Event lasts from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Colorado Garden & Home Show
Find inspiration from the latest trends and ideas in home improvement, gardening, and landscaping. More than 600 representatives will be on hand at the Colorado Convention Center.
Doors Open Denver
Residents and visitors tour Denver's spectacular buildings they pass by every day. Participating buildings vary.
Annual Cinco de Mayo Festival and Parade
Over 400,000 are expected to attend this celebration of Denver's Latino culture. Festival starts at 10 a.m. in Civic Center Park.
Boulder Creek Festival
The unofficial kickoff to summer in Boulder features over 500 vendors, carnival rides, activities, food, live music, entertainment and a rubber duck race. Event takes place along the Boulder Creek corridor.
39th Annual Territory Days
Located in Colorado Springs's historic Old Colorado City, this festival celebrates the "Old West" with music, food, fun, and entertainment for the whole family. Festival starts at 10 a.m.
Elephant Rock Cycling Festival
Cycling enthusiasts complete the annual pilgrimage to Caste Rock. All rides start and finish at the Douglas County Fair Grounds. Post ride picnic and cycling expo also provided.
KidSpree @ Yumfest
With more than 60 hands-on activities and entertainers, this outdoor festivals thrills kids and parents alike. Held at Aurora's Bicentennial Park.
Frisco BBQ Challenge
Top shelf BBQ'ers meet and compete for titles, awards, and overall deliciousness. Don't miss out on this event, which starts at 9 a.m. in downtown Frisco.
Cherry Creek Arts Festival
This world class festival of exhibits, art and culinary demonstrations, and interactive family activities attracts over 350,000 visitors at Denver's Cherry Creek North Shopping District.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean