BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
3440 S Vance Street, Lakewood, CO 80227-5150
Phone: 303/989-5500 | Fax: 303/989-0646 | 112 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
The newly renovated BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest is the perfect destination for visitors seeking a convenient location just minutes from both downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountain foothills. Our hotel offers superbly appointed accommodations and a wide variety of amenities ideal for business and leisure travelers alike.
Uniquely situated in suburban Denver, the hotel provides easy access to the nearby Denver Zoo, Pepsi Center, Coors Field, Botanical Gardens, Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Elitch Gardens Amusement Park, Bel Mar Shopping Center, and the 16th Street Mall. If you plan to spend some time exploring the foothills and Rocky Mountains, our location affords incomparable access to some of the best attractions and day hiking available on the Front Range. Take in a summer concert at the world famous Red Rocks Amphitheater, or enjoy the thrill of drag racing at Bandimere Speedway, both less than a ten minute drive from our hotel.
Each of our immaculately clean and comfortable guest rooms are furnished with 40 inch flat screen televisions and more than 60 channels of HD programming, including HBO®. For your convenience, complimentary Wi-Fi access, microwaves, refrigerators, and coffee makers are also provided in every room.
Our one of a kind, year round outdoor heated pool and hot tub were designed to imitate the shorelines of the Cretaceous Interior Seaway which covered Colorado more than 100 million years ago. The hotel boasts a strong sense of prehistoric regional identity in a nod to early paleontological explorations of the area. You may feel as if you walking through a natural history museum as you peruse our collection of replica artifacts, dig panels, and fossils found throughout the lobby building and hotel.
Enjoy the best that Denver has to offer and still find time to take in the scenic beauty of Colorado while experiencing the same great service and value you have come to expect at the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, including a made to order omelet bar, waffles, hard boiled eggs, and a variety of fresh fruit, bagels, breads, pastries, yogurts, and cereals.
- Outdoor pool, heated and open year round
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility 24-hour
- 24-hour front desk
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Cocktail lounge, Paleo Joe's Lounge and Restaurant
- Multilingual staff (English, Spanish)
- Express check out
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Computer available
- Photocopy services
- Audio/visual equipment
- Mail services
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Physically challenged services
- Hot tub, open year round
- Hearing impaired services
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Weight lifting equipment
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Stationary bike
- Concierge, front desk
- Safe deposit box
- Interior corridor
- Guest laundry, available for a nominal fee from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Cable or satellite television 60 plus HD channels including HBO®
- Physically challenged facilities, zero entry swimming pool and mechanical lift for hot tub/spa
- Complimentary USA Today® newspaper provided in the lobby Monday through Friday
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western denver southwest in Lakewood.
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
Conveniently located, the best western denver southwest in Lakewood, Colorado is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 39.654155 / Latitude: -105.080165
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 25 to 6th Avenue West to Wadsworth Boulevard South. Left on Girton Street. Right on Vance Street. BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest is on the left
From: The south. Take Interstate 25 to the 194/Highway C-470 Exit. Go to the Highway 285 North Exit toward Denver and exit at Wadsworth Boulevard. Turn left, then turn right on Girton, then right onto Vance Street to the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
From: The east. Take Interstate 25 South, exit 6th Avenue West. Exit on Wadsworth Boulevard South, turn left on Girton Street and then turn right on Vance Street and go to the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
From: The west. From Interstate 70 take C470 East, towards Colorado Springs, to Highway 285 North toward Denver. Exit at Wadsworth Boulevard turn left, and then turn right on West Girton, then right on Vance Street to the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
A top destination for race fans in Colorado, the Bandimere Speedway seats 23,500 and was opened in 1958. Bandimere Speedway is a quarter-mile drag strip which hosts a number of NHRA events, including the Mile-High Nationals.
As you plan a trip for the Denver area, head for Lakewood and be sure to experience the raw power and excitement of an NHRA event. In 1988, Bandimere Raceway, also known as Thunder Mountain, was renovated and expanded to improve seating capacity.
Opened in 2004, Belmar is a one-stop for entertainment, shopping, events, and dining in Lakewood. Denver area residents and visitors enjoy Belmar’s collection of over 80 stores, 18 restaurants, and numerous entertainment options.
Don’t miss upcoming blockbusters at Century 16 Cinemark or the chance to throw a few strikes at Lucky Strike Bowling. Moreover, Belmar frequently hosts fun-filled events as well, including Belmar Boo!, Belmar Running Club, Small Business Saturday, and more.
An ode and monument to the western icon Buffalo Bill, the Buffalo Bill Memorial Museum is a top attraction near Lakewood. As you explore the outer reaches of the Denver area, be sure to stop by the Buffalo Bill Memorial Museum to explore the life and times of William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody.
Opened in 1921, the Buffalo Bill Memorial Museum is also the site of Buffalo Bill's gravesite – the museum also oversees the maintenance of the grave. Visit soon and check out some permanent exhibits like Buffalo Bill: The Showman, Buffalo Bill's Death, and the Kids' Cowboy Corral.
Opened in 1979, the Children's Museum of Denver offers a wide range of hands-on activities and interactive exhibits for children to discover and explore while visiting the Denver area. Popular exhibits include: 3, 2, 1... Blast Off!, the Assembly Plant, Click Clack Train Track, and ARTS a la Carte.
The museum also hosts year-round family events – two of which are the Bunny Trail EggVenture and Snack with Santa. This Denver museum has 10,000 square feet of adaptable space available for birthday parties, meetings, fund raisers, receptions, and family reunions.
Colorado State Capitol
Buit in 1894, the Colorado State Capitol is located on Colfax Avenue in downtown Denver.
The building is a National Historic Landmark and a U.S. Historic district, housing the Colorado General Assembly and serves as the office for the Governor and Lieutenant Governor.
Beautiful Colorado Rose Onyx, a rare rose-colored marble, was used throughout the interior.
The Rotunda features 16 stained glass windows, known as the Hall of Fame, honoring the state's earliest pioneers.
A tour of the building is requisite while visiting Denver no matter the season.
Rocky Mountain baseball fans have made their way to Coors Field every summer since 1995, where Major League Baseball's Colorado Rockies play all their home games. The 50,000 capacity ball park is located in the Denver metropolitan area and is synonymous with big hits and crushed home runs.
Located directly behind right field is the Blue Moon Brewery at The Sandlot restaurant, where fans can catch a bite to eat without missing a single pitch. Coors Field is no stranger to the national stage – both the 2007 World Series and 1998 All-Star Game took place at Coors Field.
Encompassing more than 33,000 acres, the Denver International Airport is America's largest commercial airport, in terms of land area. The DIA serves the Denver metropolitan area, including towns like Lakewood, Auroa, Greenwood Village, and Brighton.
Passengers have a variety of choices for commercial flights from the 16 commercial airlines, via the airport's three concourses. Frontier Airlines, Great Lakes Airlines, and United Airlines operate hubs at Denver International Airport.
Drive in from nearby Lakewood and experience a once in a lifetime journey through the making and establishment of much of the money and coins produced in the United States.
Built in 1897, the Denver Mint is just one of several United States Mints located around the country.
Overseen by the US Department of Treasury, the Denver Mint offers free tours Monday through Thursday; it's approximately 45 minutes long.
You'll know if your coins were produced at the Denver Mint if you find a "D" mint mark.
Located in Denver's City Park, the Denver Museum of Natural History and Science houses variety of programs, exhibits, and events striving to "excite minds through scientific discovery".
Whether viewing a showing in the Planetarium, watching a film in the IMAX Theater, or strolling through the Wildlife Exhibits, there is plenty of discovery to be had. Spend a few days in this beautiful city park area of downtown Denver and visit the nearby Denver Zoo and Duck Lake.
Home to over 3,500 animals from over 650 species, the Denver Zoo is one of the more popular zoos in America.
Constantly striving to enhance the lives of animals, the zoo has recently created the Predator Ridge, Tropical Discovery, and Primate Panorama naturalistic habitats, with those efforts in mind.
The Denver Zoo Keeper Experience, Zoo Camps and Bunk with the Beasts are a few of the wonderful kids' programs also available at the zoo.
And don't forget to visit Mshindi, the rhinoceros that paints with a brush. Enjoy a fun-filled day at Colorado's most popular cultural attraction, in the beautiful City Park area of downtown Denver.
As you explore the Morrison Fossil Area west of the Denver area, be sure to visit Dinosaur Ridge.
Make the short drive in from Lakewood – you'll find Dinosaur Ridge off of South Rooney Road and West Alameda Parkway – and check out one of the most famous dinosaur fossil location sites in the world.
Walk along the 1.5-mile long Dinosaur Ridge Trail, where you'll see authentic dinosaur tracks, fascinating geologic features, and a quarry of dinosaur bones.
Enjoy the Dinosaur Discovery Days, a series of free outdoor events held at Dinosaur Ridge.
Dinosaur Discovery Days take place on the second Saturday in each month from May through October.
A 70-acre amusement park, Elitch Gardens Theme Park is commonly known as Elitch's throughout the Denver metropolitan area. Set in downtown Denver, Elitch Gardens was established in 1890, and is open from late April through late October.
Operated by Herschend Family Entertainment, and owned by CNL Lifestyle Properties, Elitch Gardens Theme Park features coasters like Sidewinder, Mind Eraser, and Twister II. Elitch’s is also home to the Island Kingdom Water Park, a summer hotspot for residents of Denver communities like Lakewood, Aurora, and Brighton.
Originally founded as Coors Brewery in 1873, MillerCoors Brewery officially came to be in 2008, and has been a Golden must-see ever since. Denver area visitors enjoy a self-paced, free tour of the "world's largest single-site brewery," catching highlights of the processes for malting, brewing, and packaging.
After the tour, try a sample in the refrigerated room and check out the historical photos, bottles, and memorabilia. Even better, stop by the Coors & Co. Gift Shop to purchase a "sudsy" souvenir from the tour.
Located near Commons Park in historic downtown Denver, the Museum of Contemporary Art is the first of its kind for the city. The five galleries, lecture hall, and education centers aim to inspire visitors as they stroll through the halls.
The exquisite exhibits, variety of lectures, and programs are always in an active state, so each visit presents something new. Whether you join a tour, attend a lecture, or have the museum host your next special event, the museum is a must-see attraction in Denver.
Located in the heart of the Mile High City, the Pepsi Center is a multipurpose arena giving a home a to three different Colorado professional sports teams – the Denver Nuggets of the NBA, the Colorado Avalanche of the NHL, and the Colorado Mammoth of the NLL all have shared the arena since 1999.
The arena is located in the metropolitan Denver area and has hosted numerous national events over the years. The 2008 democratic national convention, first-rate concerts, multiple all-star games, league championships, and many more have all utilized the versatility at the Pepsi Center.
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
A one-of-a-kind concert destination in the Denver area, the Red Rocks and Amphitheatre is an open-air amphitheater, surrounded by the gorgeous red rock formations.
The amphitheater hosts several concerts are scheduled throughout the summer.
Those looking for a unique place to hike or mountain bike enjoy the trails in the park. Runners love to run the stairs for a change in their work-out routine.
While at Red Rocks, be sure to check out the Visitors Center complete with a full service restaurant, the Performers Hall of Fame and interactive displays.
Established in 1877, Regis University is a private, co-ed school with a Roman Catholic Jesuit affiliation. When you plan your next visit to Denver and the surrounding metro area, be sure to experience a pleasant and informative campus tour at Regis University.
When you embark on your campus tour at Regis University, be sure to check out top campus attractions and highlights like DeSmet Hall, and Ripples of Ulysses at the Coors Life Directions Centre – a charming statue carved by Rowan Gillespie.
Regis University athletics teams compete within the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, and field teams in men's and women's soccer, cross country, golf, baseball, and softball – just to name some.
Originally known as Mile High Stadium, newly dubbed Sports Authority Field at Mile High is the proud home of the National Football League's Denver Broncos. Located centrally in the Denver metropolitan area, the NFL stadium has been open since 2001, seating over 76,000 fans on Sundays every fall.
Boasting easy access and comfort, the stadium also has the ability to seat approximately 50,000 fans for famed concerts, festivals and other large, competitive sporting events. Not to mention, fans of professional lacrosse have caught all of the MLL's Denver Outlaw games at Mile High since 2006.
A private school founded in 1864, the University of Denver is situated near downtown Denver, just across from Observatory Park and right off Interstate 25 and University Blvd. Plan your next trip into the Denver area and be sure to tour the DU campus, a 125-acre plot of land mixing urban and residential elements.
Enjoy your DU campus tour and check out campus highlights like the Buchtel Tower, and the Sturm College of Law Tower. Sports fans visiting DU can experience the excitement of DU Pioneers athletics. Visit the Magness Arena for Pioneer hockey and basketball games, and don't miss out on the Pioneer soccer at CIBER Field at the University of Denver Soccer Stadium.
Notable examples include the B-52 Stratofortress bombers, a Goodyear FG-1D, a McDonnell F-101 B, and numerous civilian and general aircraft.
The museum is also the home of the Colorado Aviation Historical Society and the Colorado Aviation Hall of Fame, perfect for airplane enthusiasts, alongside numerous aeronautical educational and operational services.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3 mile(s) from White Fence Farm
- 5 mile(s) from Denver Federal Center
- 5 mile(s) from Columbia Swedish Medical Center
- 6.5 mile(s) from Horseback riding
- 7 mile(s) from Red Rocks Amphitheater
- 7 mile(s) from U.S. Mint, free tours
- 7 mile(s) from Colorado State Capital, free tours
- 10 mile(s) from Pepsi Center, basketball, hockey
- 10 mile(s) from Coors Brewery, free tours
- 11 mile(s) from Denver Center for Performing Arts
- 11 mile(s) from Denver Art Museum
- 11.5 mile(s) from Six Flags® Elitch Gardens
- 12 mile(s) from Coors Field, home of Colorado Rockies
- 14 mile(s) from Denver Zoo, world class zoo
- 15 mile(s) from Buffalo Herd, city herd maintained since 1860
- 17 mile(s) from Balister Vineyards
- 30 mile(s) from Central City casinos, shuttle 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 2 mile(s) from Southwest Plaza shop
- 4 mile(s) from Bel Mar, high end shopping
- 7 mile(s) from 16th Street Mall, outdoor pedestrian mall
- 9.5 mile(s) from Aspen Grove, outdoor mall
- 10 mile(s) from Colorado Mills, indoor / outdoor outlet mall
- 11 mile(s) from Denver Pavillions, outdoor mall
- 15 mile(s) from Cherry Creek Mall, high end indoor / outdoor shopping
- 20 mile(s) from Park Meadows Mall, high end indoor mall
- 21 mile(s) from Flatiron Crossing, indoor / outdoor mall
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.50 mile(s) from Bear Creek Trail, jogging, biking, hiking, bird watching
- 1 mile(s) from Geenfields, billiards/snooker
- 3.5 mile(s) from Foothills Ice Arena, indoor skating
- 4 mile(s) from Bel Mar, outdoor ice skating
- 5 mile(s) from Fox Hollow, golf and driving range
- 5 mile(s) from Bandimere Speedway, stock car heats and seasonal Christmas displays
- 5 mile(s) from Fat City, bowling
- 6 mile(s) from Green Mountain Park
- 7 mile(s) from Chatfield Resevoir, seasonal watersports and boating
- 7 mile(s) from Bear Creek Lake State Par, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, parasailing, water skiing
- 8 mile(s) from Dinosaur Ridge, nature preserve
- 8 mile(s) from Red Rocks
- 11 mile(s) from Platte River Rowing Club
- 11 mile(s) from Ocean Journey Aquarium, scuba diving, 25 logged dives required
- 13 mile(s) from Invesco Field, home of Denver Broncos
- 17 mile(s) from Denver Polo Club
- 48 mile(s) from Nederland, Eldora Ski Area
- 50 mile(s) from Loveland Ski Area
- Across the street from Peking-Tokyo Express, Chinese, 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Across the street from Pizza Hut®, Fast Food, Italian, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Subway®, Deli, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
- Across the street from Namaste Restaurant, Indian, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Hoffbrau Bar & Grill, American, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Across the street from Granny Scott's Pie Shop, Deli, 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Red Robin® Gourmet Burgers, American, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Wingman Hot Wings, Fast Food, 10:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Pad Thai, Thai, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Oliveto, Italian, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Winchell's® Donut House, Fast Food, 24-hours
- 0.10 mile(s) from Village Inn®, American, 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- 0.16 mile(s) from Sandrita's Mexican Food, Mexican, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Perkin's® Family Restaurant, American, 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Lakewood. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 A Taste of Colorado
Get a taste of Colorado – truly – at the Downtown Denver Civic Center Park, hundreds of vendors line the streets offering unique and tasty culinary creations for curious festival goers. There will also be entertainment on five stages.
8th Annual Handmade in Colorado Expo
Grab some Colorado souveniers at the Handmade in Colorado Expo, set to be hosted at Skyline Park in Denver for three straight days. There will all sorts of authentic goods and gifts food, entertainment, and more.
Bavarian food, brews provided by Glenwood Brewing Company, polka and other live music, and so much more, all held in downtown Glenwood Springs. Festival start times are TBA.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean