BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
3440 S Vance Street, Lakewood, CO 80227-5150
Phone: 303/989-5500 | Fax: 303/989-0646 | 112 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
The newly renovated BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest is the perfect destination for visitors seeking a convenient location just minutes from both downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountain foothills. Our hotel offers superbly appointed accommodations and a wide variety of amenities ideal for business and leisure travelers alike.
Uniquely situated in suburban Denver, the hotel provides easy access to the nearby Denver Zoo, Pepsi Center, Coors Field, Botanical Gardens, Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Elitch Gardens Amusement Park, Bel Mar Shopping Center, and the 16th Street Mall. If you plan to spend some time exploring the foothills and Rocky Mountains, our location affords incomparable access to some of the best attractions and day hiking available on the Front Range. Take in a summer concert at the world famous Red Rocks Amphitheater, or enjoy the thrill of drag racing at Bandimere Speedway, both less than a ten minute drive from our hotel.
Each of our immaculately clean and comfortable guest rooms are furnished with 40 inch flat screen televisions and more than 60 channels of HD programming, including HBO®. For your convenience, complimentary Wi-Fi access, microwaves, refrigerators, and coffee makers are also provided in every room.
Our one of a kind, year round outdoor heated pool and hot tub were designed to imitate the shorelines of the Cretaceous Interior Seaway which covered Colorado more than 100 million years ago. The hotel boasts a strong sense of prehistoric regional identity in a nod to early paleontological explorations of the area. You may feel as if you walking through a natural history museum as you peruse our collection of replica artifacts, dig panels, and fossils found throughout the lobby building and hotel.
Enjoy the best that Denver has to offer and still find time to take in the scenic beauty of Colorado while experiencing the same great service and value you have come to expect at the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
Welcome to Best Western!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, including a made to order omelet bar, waffles, hard boiled eggs, and a variety of fresh fruit, bagels, breads, pastries, yogurts, and cereals.
- Outdoor pool, heated and open year round
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility 24 hour
- 24-hour front desk
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Cocktail lounge, Paleo Joe's Lounge and Restaurant
- Multilingual staff (English, Spanish)
- Express check out
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Computer available
- Photocopy services
- Audio/visual equipment
- Mail services
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Physically challenged services
- Hot tub, open year round
- Hearing impaired services
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Weight lifting equipment
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Stationary bike
- Concierge, front desk
- Safe deposit box
- Interior corridor
- Guest laundry, available for a nominal fee from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Cable or satellite television 60 plus HD channels including HBO®
- Physically challenged facilities, zero entry swimming pool and mechanical lift for hot tub/spa
- Complimentary USA Today® newspaper provided in the lobby Monday through Friday
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western denver southwest in Lakewood.
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
Conveniently located, the best western denver southwest in Lakewood, Colorado is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 39.654155 / Latitude: -105.080165
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 25 to 6th Avenue West to Wadsworth Boulevard South. Left on Girton Street. Right on Vance Street. BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest is on the left
From: The south. Take Interstate 25 to the 194/Highway C-470 Exit. Go to the Highway 285 North Exit toward Denver and exit at Wadsworth Boulevard. Turn left, then turn right on Girton, then right onto Vance Street to the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
From: The east. Take Interstate 25 South, exit 6th Avenue West. Exit on Wadsworth Boulevard South, turn left on Girton Street and then turn right on Vance Street and go to the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
From: The west. From Interstate 70 take C470 East, towards Colorado Springs, to Highway 285 North toward Denver. Exit at Wadsworth Boulevard turn left, and then turn right on West Girton, then right on Vance Street to the BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest.
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
A top destination for race fans in Colorado, the Bandimere Speedway seats 23,500 and was opened in 1958. Bandimere Speedway is a quarter-mile drag strip which hosts a number of NHRA events, including the Mile-High Nationals.
As you plan a trip for the Denver area, head for Lakewood and be sure to experience the raw power and excitement of an NHRA event. In 1988, Bandimere Raceway, also known as Thunder Mountain, was renovated and expanded to improve seating capacity.
An ode and monument to the western icon Buffalo Bill, the Buffalo Bill Memorial Museum is a top attraction near Lakewood. As you explore the outer reaches of the Denver area, be sure to stop by the Buffalo Bill Memorial Museum to explore the life and times of William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody.
Opened in 1921, the Buffalo Bill Memorial Museum is also the site of Buffalo Bill's gravesite – the museum also oversees the maintenance of the grave. Visit soon and check out some permanent exhibits like Buffalo Bill: The Showman, Buffalo Bill's Death, and the Kids' Cowboy Corral.
The Children's Museum of Denver offers a wide range of hands-on activities and interactive exhibits for children to discover and explore. Popular exhibits include: 3, 2, 1... Blast Off!, The Assembly Plant, Click Clack Train Track and ARTS a la Carte. The museum also hosts year-round family events - two of which are the Bunny Trail EggVenture and Snack with Santa.
This Denver museum has 10,000 square feet of adaptable space available for birthday parties, meetings, fund raisers, receptions and family reunions. While visiting the Mile High City, consider checking into one of several Denver area Best Western hotels to enjoy wonderful guest amenities and services, close to the action.
The Colorado State Capitol building, a resemblance to the U.S. Capitol building, houses the Colorado General Assembly and serves as the office for the Governor and Lieutenant Governor. This white granite building, featuring a 24-karat gold plated dome, was completed in 1894. Beautiful Colorado Rose Onyx, a rare rose-colored marble, was used throughout the interior. The Rotunda features 16 stained glass windows, known as the Hall of Fame, honoring the state's pioneers.
While in Denver's Civic Center area, be sure to schedule a tour to see this memorable building and grounds. The hand-painted originals of each U.S. President are a must-see. Stay in comfort in Denver one of several area Best Western hotels. Have fun exploring Denver.
As you plan your next visit to Denver and the surrounding area, be sure to book a tour of the Denver Mint. Drive in from nearby Lakewood and experience a once in a lifetime journey through the making and establishment of much of the money and coins produced in the United States.
Built in 1897, the Denver Mint is just one of several United States Mints located around the country. Overseen by the US Department of Treasury, the Denver Mint offers free tours Monday through Thursday; it's approximately 45 minutes long. You'll know if your coins were produced at the Denver Mint if you find a "D" mint mark.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is a must-see attraction while visiting the Mile High City. The variety of programs, exhibits and events strive to "excite minds through scientific discovery". Whether viewing a showing in the Planetarium, watching a film in the IMAX Theater or strolling through the Wildlife Exhibits, there is plenty of discovery to be had.
The Denver Zoo is one of the more popular zoos in America, for good reason. Visitors have the opportunity to view 3,500 animals from over 650 species, including exotic animals. The Denver zoo is constantly striving to enhance the lives of animals and have recently created the Predator Ridge, Tropical Discovery and Primate Panorama naturalistic habitats, with those efforts in mind.
The Denver Zoo Keeper Experience, Zoo Camps and Bunk with the Beasts are a few of the wonderful kids' programs also available at the zoo. And don't forget to visit Mshindi, the rhinoceros that paints with a brush. Enjoy a fun-filled day at Colorado's most popular cultural attraction, in the beautiful City Park area of downtown Denver. Accommodations near the zoo include several area Best Western hotels.
As you explore the Morrison Fossil Area west of the Denver area, be sure to visit Dinosaur Ridge. Make the short drive in from Lakewood – you'll find Dinosaur Ridge off of South Rooney Road and West Alameda Parkway – and check out one of the most famous dinosaur fossil location sites in the world.
Walk along the 1.5-mile long Dinosaur Ridge Trail, where you'll see authentic dinosaur tracks, fascinating geologic features, and a quarry of dinosaur bones. Enjoy the Dinosaur Discovery Days, a series of free outdoor events held at Dinosaur Ridge. Dinosaur Discovery Days take place on the second Saturday in each month from May through October.
The MillerCoors Brewery began in Golden with the opening of Coors Brewery in 1873. Miller brewery started in 1855 in Milwaukee before joining Coors in 2008. Many family members continue the work and legacy of the founders at the brewery today. The self-paced, free tour in the "world's largest single-site brewery" highlights the processes for malting, brewing and packaging.
After the tour, try a sample in the refrigerated room and check out the historical photos, bottles and memorabilia. Stop buy the Coors & Co. Gift Shop to purchase a souvenir from the tour. Best Western hotels in Lakewood are a logical and convenient choice for accommodations in the Denver area.
The Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre in Morrison is a one-of-a-kind concert destination in the Denver area. Several concerts are scheduled throughout the summer in the open-air amphitheatre, surrounded by the gorgeous red rock formations.
Those looking for a unique place to hike or mountain bike enjoy the trails in the park. Runners love to run the stairs for a change in their work-out routine.
While at Red Rocks, be sure to check out the Visitors Center complete with a full service restaurant, the Performers Hall of Fame and interactive displays. Drive to nearby Lakewood for convenient lodging at Best Western hotels, while the Front Range.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3 mile(s) from White Fence Farm
- 5 mile(s) from Denver Federal Center
- 5 mile(s) from Columbia Swedish Medical Center,
- 6.5 mile(s) from horseback riding
- 7 mile(s) from Red Rocks Amphitheater,
- 7 mile(s) from U.S. Mint, free tours
- 7 mile(s) from Colorado State Capital, free tours
- 10 mile(s) from Pepsi Center, basketball, hockey,
- 10 mile(s) from Coors Brewery, free tours
- 11 mile(s) from Denver Center for Performing Arts
- 11 mile(s) from Denver Art Museum
- 11.5 mile(s) from Six Flags® Elitch Gardens
- 12 mile(s) from Coors Field, home of Colorado Rockies
- 14 mile(s) from Denver Zoo, world class zoo
- 15 mile(s) from buffalo herd, city herd maintained since 1860
- 17 mile(s) from Balister Vineyards
- 30 mile(s) from Central City casinos, shuttle 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 2 mile(s) from Southwest Plaza shop
- 4 mile(s) from Bel Mar, high end shopping
- 7 mile(s) from 16th Street Mall, outdoor pedestrian mall
- 9.5 mile(s) from Aspen Grove, outdoor mall
- 10 mile(s) from Colorado Mills, indoor / outdoor outlet mall
- 11 mile(s) from Denver Pavillions, outdoor mall
- 15 mile(s) from Cherry Creek Mall, high end indoor / outdoor shopping
- 20 mile(s) from Park Meadows Mall, high end indoor mall
- 21 mile(s) from Flatiron Crossing, indoor / outdoor mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 7 mile(s) from Morrison
- 7.5 mile(s) from Littleton
- 11 mile(s) from Denver
- 15 mile(s) from Golden
- 17 mile(s) from Evergreen
- 37 mile(s) from Blackhawk/Central City
- 38 mile(s) from Boulder
- 44 mile(s) from Georgetown/Idaho Springs
- 46 mile(s) from Breckinridge
- 60 mile(s) from Copper Mountain
- 73 mile(s) from Colorado Springs
- 74 mile(s) from Fort Collins
- 96 mile(s) from Vail
- 156 mile(s) from Aspen
- 0.10 mile(s) from Academy Park
- 4.00 mile(s) from Federal Center Offices
- 8.50 mile(s) from Lockheed Martin
- 15.00 mile(s) from Meriton Office Complex
- 5 mile(s) from Colorado Christian University
- 10 mile(s) from Red Rocks Community College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.50 mile(s) from Bear Creek Trail, jogging, biking, hiking, bird watching
- 1.00 mile(s) from Geenfields, billiards/snooker
- 3.50 mile(s) from Foothills Ice Arena, indoor skating
- 4.00 mile(s) from Bel Mar, outdoor ice skating
- 5.00 mile(s) from Fox Hollow, golf and driving range
- 5.00 mile(s) from Bandimere Speedway, stock car heats and seasonal Christmas displays
- 5.00 mile(s) from Fat City, bowling
- 6.00 mile(s) from Green Mountain Park
- 7.00 mile(s) from Chatfield Resevoir, seasonal watersports and boating
- 7.00 mile(s) from Bear Creek Lake State Par, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, parasailing, water skiing
- 8.00 mile(s) from Dinosaur Ridge, nature preserve
- 8.00 mile(s) from Red Rocks
- 11.00 mile(s) from Platte River Rowing Club
- 11.00 mile(s) from Ocean Journey Aquarium, scuba diving, 25 logged dives required
- 13.00 mile(s) from Invesco Field, home of Denver Broncos
- 17.00 mile(s) from Denver Polo Club
- 48.00 mile(s) from Nederland, Eldora Ski Area
- 50.00 mile(s) from Loveland Ski Area
- Across the street from Peking-Tokyo Express, Chinese, 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Across the street from Pizza Hut, Fast Food, Italian, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Subway, Deli, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
- Across the street from Namaste Restaurant, Indian, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Hoffbrau Bar & Grill, American, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Across the street from Granny Scott's Pie Shop, Deli, 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, American, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Wingman Hot Wings, Fast Food, 10:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Pad Thai, Thai, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Oliveto, Italian, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Across the street from Winchell's Donut House, Fast Food, 24 hours
- .1 mile(s) from Village Inn, American, 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- .16 mile(s) from Sandrita's Mexican Food, Mexican, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- .2 mile(s) from Perkin's Family Restaurant, American, 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Lakewood. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Denver Nuggets Basketball
Visiting sports fans won't want to miss the NBA's Denver Nuggets as they run the hard wood at the Pepsi Center. Tip-off times vary by game.
2015 Boulder International Film Festival
For three days, some of the best amateur and independent film makers from all over the world will screen their work for roughly 25,000 visitors at the Boulder Theatre. Screening times are TBA.
2015 Denver Cannabis Cup
This three day event will feature hundreds of cannabis and cannabis product vendors, musical entertainment, and much more in Denver. Event start time is TBA.
2015 Denver Comic Con
Sci-fi fans and self-proclaimed "nerds" won't want to miss this year's Comic Con at the Colorado Convention Center. The event start time is TBD.
2015 Boulder Creek Festival
Kickoff the summer in Boulder by attending the annual Boulder Creek Festival – featuring a variety of events, activities, food, and entertainment. Event start time is TBA.
2015 Summer Brew Fest
The Denver Brew Fest at Mile High Station see's two days of craft beers, excellent food, and live music – celebrating all things beer! The suds start flowing at 7 p.m. with a VIP Power Hour at 6 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean