BEST WESTERN University Inn
914 S College Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80524-3033
Phone: 970/484-2984 | Fax: 970/484-1987 | 70 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
This small and charming Inn across the street from Colorado State University offers easy access to CSU Center for the Arts, government offices, Poudre Valley Hospital, medical centers, as well as plentiful dining, entertainment and shopping in historic Old Town Fort Collins. Experience Adventure Casual in true Fort Collins style; we offer free bicycle rentals to our guests with the Ft. Collins Bike Library on property.
We are close to many local micro-breweries including New Belgium, Odell, Fort Collins Brewery, Funkwerks, Pateros Creek, Equinox, Coopersmith's, and Big Horn Brewery (C.B. & Potts). The regional Anheuser-Busch Brewing, home to the Clydesdale horses, is just a few miles away. The last weekend of June; the annual Colorado Brewers Festival draws visitors from all over the country.
Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy boating, biking, and hiking at beautiful Horsetooth Mountain and Reservoir just minutes away. You can also take a day trip to raft, fish, or take in views on the scenic Poudre River, or see Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. At the end of the day you can unwind in our large heated indoor pool with hot tub. Traveling with a pet? Half our rooms are pet-friendly.
We are 100% non-smoking. For the business traveler, rooms with a king bed, and select rooms with two beds, offer a nice work desk area; all rooms include both wireless and hard wired high speed high-speed Internet and pillow top beds. You will find exercise and laundry facilities on site as well. For special getaways we also have a deluxe poolside room, and two spacious two room suites which include one and a half baths, wet bar, living room and two 32-inch flat screen televisions.
Need something special? We have a 1,200 square foot meeting room and offer group rates. We invite you to stay with us and book early for great savings and availability during University special events. The BEST WESTERN University Inn is large enough to serve but small enough to care.
Starting March 21 through June we will begin renovating the exterior of our hotel. This includes painting, new windows, and a lobby extension. Work will begin no earlier than 8 a.m. ending by 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast includes coffee, tea, juices, bagels, English muffins, toast, Danish, muffins, fruit, cereal, steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, waffles and a scrambled egg bar.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Guest laundry, coin operated nominal fee per load both washer and dryer separate
- Indoor pool, heated retractable roof for summer
- Fax services
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. will open early on request
- Meeting facilities
- Local shuttle (some restrictions apply)
- Dry cleaning, same day if available
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Late check out, per availability, fee
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless high-speed Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Mail services
- Air-conditioning, lobby, meeting room, guest laundry
- Physically challenged services portable tub transfer bench, portable raised toilet seat
- Physically challenged facilities ramps, door openers
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/Vending machines one in guest laundry, one on second floor east building at south end
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Laundry/valet services available in coin operated machines for a nominal fee
- Pets allowed in some rooms, east building not pet friendly
- Languages spoken by staff English, Spanish, German
BEST WESTERN University Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western university inn in Fort Collins.
BEST WESTERN University Inn
Conveniently located, the best western university inn in Fort Collins, Colorado is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.574805 / Latitude: -105.076925
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 25. Starting April, 2016, Prospect Rd will be closed for construction. Take Exit 269B Mulberry St four miles. Turn left on College Avenue, Highway 287. Travel south to 914 South College Avenue. The BEST WESTERN University Inn is on the left hand side and across the street from Colorado State University.
BEST WESTERN University Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Founded in 1870, Colorado State University is a world-class institution and leader in higher education, servicing more than 22,000 students in Fort Collins. A Carnegie Research University as well as a land-grant institution, CSU focuses on science, agriculture, and engineering.
There are plenty of extracurricular activities to choose from in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains in northern Colorado – including CSU Rams athlethics as they compete in the Mountain West conference. Don't football games at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium in the fall.
Founded in 2003, the Fort Collins Brewery is one of the newer additions to the brewing family of Fort Collins. Within the general Fort Collins area, you can also find breweries for Budweiser, Odell's, and New Belgium. The Fort Collins Brewery can be found on the northwest corner of Lincoln Avenue and N. Lemay Avenue.
The Fort Collins Brewery is an ideal destination for any beer lover – make your way there on your next trip across northern Colorado. You'll find some top brews like the 1900 Amber Lager, the Rocky Mountain IPA, and Major Tom's American Wheat. Some of the seasonal brews at Fort Collins Brewery are Maibock and the Big Shot.
On your next trek through Colorado, head north to Fort Collins and explore the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery. Originally opened in 1941 as the Pioneer Museum, the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, today, owns one of the largest collections of artifacts in the state with more than 30,000.
The mission of the Museum of Discovery is to "provide enjoyable, hands-on exploration in science and technology for the region." Try to explore as much as you can at the museum – check out the Wind Wall, the Big Drum, or the First Peoples exhibits.
Proudly providing air travel services for northern Colorado travelers in the Loveland and the Fort Collins area, the Fort-Collins-Loveland Municipal Airport is also the closest airport to beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park. Passengers in need of a commercial flight to Las Vegas and Phoenix-Mesa, enjoy the non-stop flights aboard Allegiant Air.
Convenient parking and rental car agencies are also available at the airport. While visiting this wonderful area of Colorado, take time to visit the Colorado State University campus for a fun day, in the gateway to the Front Range of Northern Colorado.
Featuring roughly 25 miles of shoreline, Horsetooth Reservoir offers boating, fishing, swimming, and plenty of spots to bird watch.
Across the entirety of the reservoir you'll find four separate dams, all of which were vital in the final completion of the reservoir: Spring Canyon Dam, Dixon Canyon Dam, Soldier Canyon Dam, and the aptly named Horsetooth Dam.
You can swing by for an afternoon adventure, or plan your next wedding or office team building function for Horsetooth Reservoir.
As the main facility for performing arts in Fort Collins, the Lincoln Center is a popular and choice destination for locals and visitors of northern Colorado alike. Find the Lincoln Center on the northwest corner of Mulberry Street and Meldrum Street.
With two different performances spaces at the Lincoln Center – a 1,180-seat hall and a, smaller, 220-seat theatre – you'll find a wide range of shows and art performances throughout the year.
The 1,1800-seat venue is called the Performance Hall, while the smaller 220-seat area is known as the Mini Theater. Don't miss out on the Terrace Gardens, the outdoor sculpture garden found on the grounds of the Lincoln Center.
Lory State Park
Encompassing 2,492 acres of land, Lory State Park sits along the eastern edge of Roosevelt National Forest in northern Colorado.
This wonderful state park contains beautiful valleys and hills in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, along with 26 miles of hikable trails.
Since the trails in the east end of the park lead to the adjacent Horsetooth Reservoir, schedule plenty of time for fun on the reservoir.
Boating, kayaking, rafting, canoeing, and fishing are fun ways to spend time on the water – all conveniently found just outside of Fort Collins.
New Belgium Brewery
Relatively new on the beer landscape, New Belgium Brewing Company introduced their first line of beers in 1991 in Fort Collins.
A pride of northern Colorado, New Belgium has grown into the third largest craft brewery in the United States as of 2012.
Daily tours of the brewery begin at 11 a.m. and run through 4:30 p.m., departing every half hour.
On your tour of New Belgium, you'll see just what it takes to craft some of the most popular beers in the country, including Fat Tire, the flagship beer, and 1554 Black Ale, a Belgian dark beer.
Founded in 1989, the Odell Brewing Company is a staple of Fort Collins.
A popular destination for beer fans both local and visiting, the Odell Brewery is found just east of 3rd Street on Lincoln Avenue.
On your next visit to northern Colorado, be sure to set aside some time to explore the Odell Brewery.
Enjoy a tour of the Odell Brewery in Fort Collins – find your best time as the hour-long tours are available all week long beginning at 1 p.m., and ending with the 4 p.m. tour.
During the summer months, the Odell Brewery also hosts Live Music Wednesday.
Held annually in late May, Rodeo Rocks the Fort is a yearly staple among northern Colorado rodeo fans – both residential and visiting. Sponsored by the Rodeo News and the Colorado Professional Rodeo Association, Rodeo Rocks the Fort is jam-packed with equine excitement.
Make way to Bill Pickett Equine Center Arena on the Colorado State University Foothills campus, to watch the team roping events. This campus encompasses 1,705 acres, west of Fort Collins and is home to the Engineering Research Center and the Animal Reproduction Biotechnology Lab.
Once the Windsor town hall, police station, and fire station, the Windsor Arts & Heritage Center showcases a wonderful collection of historic Windsor artifacts. Moreover, the center is within walking distance to old town and the Windsor Museum at Boardwalk Park.
The park's historic Railroad Depot from 1892 once serviced the Colorado & Southern Railway and the Great Western Railway. Have fun boating and swimming at Windsor Lake – a great way to round out your visit to northern Colorado.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from Old Town Fort Collins, enjoy Fort Collins' premier dining, entertainment, and shopping district just blocks from our hotel.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Fort Collins Museum, this quaint museum features local historical and regional cultural exhibits in our old public library building.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Aggie Theatre, music venue - live shows
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Lincoln Center, traveling and local plays, musicals & art.
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Farm at Lee Martinez
- 8.00 mile(s) from Swetsville Zoo, a quirky sculpture park made from recycled farm machinery and auto parts--there is always something new to discover here
- 10.00 mile(s) from Budweiser Event Center, home of the Larimer County Fair, concerts, shows
- 40.00 mile(s) from Rocky Mountain National Park
- 47.00 mile(s) from Shambhala Mountain Center, Buddhist Temple near Red Feather Lakes, Colorado. The Great Stupa 108' and 20' Buddha, visited by the Dalai Lama in 2006
- 0.50 mile(s) from Old Town Fort Collins
- 2.50 mile(s) from Foothills Fashion Mall
- 6.00 mile(s) from Front Range Village
- 17.00 mile(s) from Prime Outlet Mall
- 17.00 mile(s) from Centerra
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 1.50 mile(s) from Poudre River, follow the foot trail by the river as it meanders through Fort Collins
- 2.00 mile(s) from City Park, public lake with boats, an outdoor swimming pool, 9 Hole golf course. A great way to spend the afternoon.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Edora Pool & Ice Center, (EPIC) indoor swimming pool, skating rink, large park that includes a frisbee golf course
- 5.00 mile(s) from Horsetooth Mountain & Resevoir, hiking, boat rentals, beach, bouldering
- 6.00 mile(s) from Lory State Park, beautiful trails shared with hikers, horses, mountain bikes.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Fort Collins Soccer Complex, recreational playing fields for many of the regions soccer events
- 11.00 mile(s) from Poudre Canyon, plan a day of hiking, biking or fishing along the beautiful Cache la Poudre River
BEST WESTERN University Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Fort Collins. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 "Barrel Into Spring" Wine Tasting
For two weekends this spring, visitors are invited to celebrate the coming season with wine samplings, specialty foods, and winery and vineyard tours, all at the Grand Valley Wineries near Grand Junction and Clifton.
2016 Vintage Market Days of Boulder
Get outside in Estes Park and check out this festive market, held at the Estes Park Event Complex. There will be tons of vintage goods, repurposed and refurbished items, jewelry, live music, and food trucks. The market opens at 10 a.m. each day.
2016 Fort Love Brewers Jamboree
Head over to Legacy Park in Fort Collins as a vareity of brew-themed activities are set to thrill. Sip brews, eat delicous food, enjoy live music, and even get brewing tips from the best with beer discussion groups. Be sure to buy tickets, the festival begins at noon.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean