BEST WESTERN University Inn
914 S College Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80524-3033
Phone: 970/484-2984 | Fax: 970/484-1987 | 70 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
This small and charming Inn across the street from Colorado State University offers easy access to CSU Center for the Arts, government offices, Poudre Valley Hospital, medical centers, as well as plentiful dining, entertainment and shopping in historic Old Town Fort Collins. Experience Adventure Casual in true Fort Collins style; we offer free bicycle rentals to our guests with the Ft. Collins Bike Library on property.
We are close to many local micro-breweries including New Belgium, Odell, Fort Collins Brewery, Funkwerks, Pateros Creek, Equinox, Coopersmith's, and Big Horn Brewery (C.B. & Potts). The regional Anheuser-Busch Brewing, home to the Clydesdale horses, is just a few miles away. The last weekend of June; the annual Colorado Brewers Festival draws visitors from all over the country.
Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy boating, biking, and hiking at beautiful Horsetooth Mountain and Reservoir just minutes away. You can also take a day trip to raft, fish, or take in views on the scenic Poudre River, or see Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. At the end of the day you can unwind in our large heated indoor pool with hot tub. Traveling with a pet? Half our rooms are pet-friendly.
We are 100% non-smoking. For the business traveler, rooms with a king bed, and select rooms with two beds, offer a nice work desk area; all rooms include both wireless and hard wired high speed high-speed Internet and pillow top beds. You will find exercise and laundry facilities on site as well. For special getaways we also have a deluxe poolside room, and two spacious two room suites which include one and a half baths, wet bar, living room and two 32-inch flat screen televisions.
Need something special? We have a 1,200 square foot meeting room and offer group rates. We invite you to stay with us and book early for great savings and availability during University special events. The BEST WESTERN University Inn is large enough to serve but small enough to care. Please be aware that our main entrance from College Ave will be closed for street repairs for approximately four weeks. Please enter the hotel parking lot via Remington St to Elizabeth St. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast includes coffee, tea, juices, bagels, English muffins, toast, Danish, muffins, fruit, cereal, steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, waffles and a scrambled egg bar.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Guest laundry, coin operated nominal fee per load both washer and dryer separate
- Indoor pool, heated retractable roof for summer
- Fax services
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. will open early on request
- Meeting facilities
- Local shuttle (some restrictions apply)
- Dry cleaning, same day if available
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Late check out, per availability, fee
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless high-speed Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Mail services
- Air-conditioning, lobby, meeting room, guest laundry
- Physically challenged services portable tub transfer bench, portable raised toilet seat
- Physically challenged facilities ramps, door openers
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/Vending machines one in guest laundry, one on second floor east building at south end
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Laundry/valet services available in coin operated machines for a nominal fee
- Pets allowed in some rooms, east building not pet friendly
- Languages spoken by staff English, Spanish, German
BEST WESTERN University Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western university inn in Fort Collins.
BEST WESTERN University Inn
Conveniently located, the best western university inn in Fort Collins, Colorado is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.574805 / Latitude: -105.076925
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 25. Take Exit 268 Prospect Road west four miles. Turn right, north, on College Avenue, Highway 287. Travel four blocks to 914 South College Avenue. The BEST WESTERN University Inn is on the right hand side and across the street from Colorado State University.
BEST WESTERN University Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Colorado State University is a Carnegie Research University as well as a land-grant institution, focusing on science, agriculture and engineering. Additional programs include math, technology, veterinary medicine, journalism, agriculture and occupational therapy. Founded in 1870, CSU is now a world-class institution and leader in higher education, servicing more than 22,000 students.
There are plenty of extracurricular activities to choose from in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains in Fort Collins. Hiking, biking, golfing, dining, shopping and downtown events are all fun to do in northern Colorado. Best Western hotels are a convenient and comfortable lodging choice, while visiting Colorado State University.
Founded in 2003, the Fort Collins Brewery is one of the newer additions to the brewing family of Fort Collins. Within the general Fort Collins area, you can also find breweries for Budweiser, Odell's, and New Belgium. The Fort Collins Brewery can be found on the northwest corner of Lincoln Avenue and N. Lemay Avenue.
The Fort Collins Brewery is an ideal destination for any beer lover – make your way there on your next trip across northern Colorado. You'll find some top brews like the 1900 Amber Lager, the Rocky Mountain IPA, and Major Tom's American Wheat. Some of the seasonal brews at Fort Collins Brewery are Maibock and the Big Shot.
On your next trek through Colorado, head north to Fort Collins and explore the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery. Originally opened in 1941 as the Pioneer Museum, the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, today, owns one of the largest collections of artifacts in the state with more than 30,000.
In 1989 the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery was officially founded under non-profit 501(c)(3). The mission of the Museum of Discovery is tp "provide enjoyable, hands-on exploration in science and technology for the region." Try to explore as much as you can at the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery – check out the Wind Wall, the Big Drum, or the First Peoples exhibits.
The Fort Collins-Loveland Municipal Airport provides air travel services for Northern Colorado travelers, in the Loveland and Fort Collins area. This ideal location north of Denver, makes it the closest airport to beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park. Those on a mission to complete a private pilot's license, enjoy time at the airport's fixed base operator, Fort Colllins-Loveland Jet Center. They provide a variety of services including, a Pilot Lounge, hangars, flight planning, conference rooms, rental cars, fuel service and quick turns.
Passengers in need of a commercial flight to Las Vegas and Phoenix-Mesa, enjoy the non-stop flights aboard Allegiant Air. Convenient parking and rental car agencies are also available at the airport. While visiting this wonderful area of Colorado, take time to visit the Colorado State University campus for a fun day, in the gateway to the Front Range of Northern Colorado. Stay in one of the local Best Western hotels, for a comfortable night's rest and excellent guest services.
Horsetooth Reservoir is found just west of downtown Fort Collins in northern Colorado. With a total shoreline of roughly 25 miles, Horsetooth Reservoir yields a bounty of spring and summer time fun – boating, fishing, swimming, and plenty of spots to bird watch.
Across the entirety of Horsetooth Reservoir you'll find four separate dams, all of which were vital in the final completion of the reservoir: Spring Canyon Dam, Dixon Canyon Dam, Soldier Canyon Dam, and the aptly named Horsetooth Dam. You can swing by for an afternoon adventure, or plan your next wedding or office team building function for Horsetooth Reservoir.
As the main facility for performing arts in Fort Collins, the Lincoln Center is a popular and choice destination for locals and visitors alike. Find the Lincoln Center on the northwest corner of Mulberry Street and Meldrum Street. Your next adventure through northern Colorado should see you spending a bit of time at the Lincoln Center.
With two different performances spaces at the Lincoln Center – a 1,180-seat hall and a, smaller, 220-seat theatre – you'll find a wide range of shows and art performances throughout the year. the 1,1800-seat venue is called the Performance Hall, while the smaller 220-seat area is known as the Mini Theater. Don't miss out on the Terrace Gardens, the outdoor sculpture garden found on the grounds of the Lincoln Center.
Recreational enthusiasts in Northern Colorado have it made. Colorado's Rocky Mountains are home to Rocky Mountain National Park, Routt National Forest, Arapaho National Forest and Roosevelt National Forest. Lory State Park encompasses 2,492 acres of land, along the eastern edge of Roosevelt National Forest. This wonderful state park contains beautiful valleys and hills, in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Explore the park's twenty-six miles of trails by foot, bicycle or horseback, for a fun day outside.
Rock climbing is also a popular sport in the park. Since the trails in the east end of the park lead to the adjacent Horsetooth Reservoir, schedule plenty of time for fun on the Reservoir. Boating, kayaking, rafting, canoeing and fishing are fun ways to spend time on the water. Stay close to this magnificent park, as a guest in one of the Fort Collins Best Western hotels and enjoy a wonderful night's rest.
Relatively new on the beer landscape, New Belgium Brewing Company introduced their first line of beers in 1991 in Fort Collins. A pride of northern Colorado, New Belgium has grown into the third largest craft brewery in the United States as of 2012. On your next trek through northern CO, enjoy your stay in Fort Collins with a tour of the New Belgium Brewery.
Daily tours of the New Belgium Brewery begin at 11a.m. and run through 4:30p.m., departing every half hour. Advances reservations are required, and it does fill up quickly – act accordingly. On your tour of New Belgium, you'll see just what it takes to craft some of the most popular beers in the country – Fat Tire, the flagship beer, is an amber ale, while other favorites like 1554 Black Ale is a Belgian dark beer. Bring your own growler and fill up on your favorite New Belgium brew!
Founded in 1989, the Odell Brewing Company is a staple of Fort Collins. A popular destination for beer fans both local and visiting, the Odell Brewery is found just east of 3rd Street on Lincoln Avenue. On your next visit to northern Colorado, be sure to set aside some time to explore the Odell Brewery.
Enjoy a tour of the Odell Brewery in Fort Collins – find your best time as the hour-long tours are available all week long beginning at 1, and ending with the 4p.m. tour. During the summer months, the Odell Brewery also hosts Live Music Wednesday. Visit the Odell Brewery, enjoy an insightful tour, check out some live music, grab a bite to eat at one of the many food trucks, and toss some bags.
Get ready for summer-time fun in Fort Collins. The annual Rodeo Rocks the Fort is scheduled for late May, for Northern Colorado rodeo fans. Sponsored by the Rodeo News and the Colorado Professional Rodeo Association, Rodeo Rocks the Fort will be jam-packed with excitement.
Make way to Bill Pickett Equine Center Arena on the Colorado State University Foothills campus, to watch the team roping events. This campus encompasses 1,705 acres, west of Fort Collins and is home to the Engineering Research Center and the Animal Reproduction Biotechnology Lab. While in town, check into a local Best Western hotel to enjoy a wonderful night's rest.
The Windsor Arts & Heritage Center once served as the Town Hall, the police station and fire station for Windsor. The center showcases a wonderful collection of historic Windsor photographs and is within walking distance to old town and the Windsor Museum at Boardwalk Park. The park's historic Railroad Depot from 1892 once serviced the Colorado & Southern Railway and the Great Western Railway.
Have fun boating and swimming at Windsor Lake - a great way to round out your visit to Windsor. Best Western hotels offer convenient lodging, south of Fort Collins. Enjoy your time in the Front Range area of northern Colorado, in Fort Collins.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from Old Town Fort Collins, enjoy Fort Collins' premier dining, entertainment, and shopping district just blocks from our hotel.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Fort Collins Museum, this quaint museum features local historical and regional cultural exhibits in our old public library building.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Aggie Theatre, music venue - live shows
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Lincoln Center, traveling and local plays, musicals & art.
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Farm at Lee Martinez
- 8.00 mile(s) from Swetsville Zoo, a quirky sculpture park made from recycled farm machinery and auto parts--there is always something new to discover here
- 10.00 mile(s) from Budweiser Event Center, home of the Larimer County Fair, concerts, shows
- 40.00 mile(s) from Rocky Mountain National Park
- 47.00 mile(s) from Shambhala Mountain Center, Buddhist Temple near Red Feather Lakes, Colorado. The Great Stupa 108' and 20' Buddha, visited by the Dalai Lama in 2006
- .5 mile(s) from Old Town Fort Collins
- 2.5 mile(s) from Foothills Fashion Mall
- 6 mile(s) from Front Range Village
- 17 mile(s) from Prime Outlet Mall
- 17 mile(s) from Centerra
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 11.00 mile(s) from Loveland
- 30.00 mile(s) from Greeley
- 45.00 mile(s) from Cheyenne, Wyoming
- 45.00 mile(s) from Longmont
- 45.00 mile(s) from Estes Park
- 50.00 mile(s) from Boulder
- 55.00 mile(s) from Denver
- 0.10 mile(s) from US Forestry Department
- 1.00 mile(s) from CO Division of Wildlife
- 1.50 mile(s) from New Belgium Brewery, free tours and tastings at the home of Fat Tire Amber Ale and their other hand crafted micro-brews
- 1.50 mile(s) from Odell's Brewing Co.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Poudre Valley Hospital
- 2.50 mile(s) from Woodward Governor
- 2.50 mile(s) from CSU Veterinary Hospital, excellence in veterinary care; handles large & small animals.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Horsetooth Mountain/Reservoir, famous mountain with gaps overlooking town, hikeing, boat rentals at marina, beach, scenic drive
- 7.50 mile(s) from Anheuser-Busch Brewery, free tours, tastings, and visits with the world famous Clydesdale horses.
- 0.5 mile(s) from Colorado State University
- 5 mile(s) from Front Range Community College
- 35 mile(s) from University of Northern CO, in Greeley
- 50 mile(s) from University of Wyoming, in Cheyenne
- 56 mile(s) from University of Colorado, Boulder
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 1.50 mile(s) from Poudre River, follow the foot trail by the river as it meanders through Fort Collins
- 2.00 mile(s) from City Park, public lake with boats, an outdoor swimming pool, 9 Hole golf course. A great way to spend the afternoon.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Edora Pool & Ice Center, (EPIC) indoor swimming pool, skating rink, large park that includes a frisbee golf course
- 5.00 mile(s) from Horsetooth Mountain & Resevoir, hiking, boat rentals, beach, bouldering
- 6.00 mile(s) from Lory State Park, beautiful trails shared with hikers, horses, mountain bikes.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Fort Collins Soccer Complex, recreational playing fields for many of the regions soccer events
- 11.00 mile(s) from Poudre Canyon, plan a day of hiking, biking or fishing along the beautiful Cache la Poudre River
BEST WESTERN University Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Fort Collins. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
June 5 - August 8, 2014
Thursday Night Live Concert Series Music flows from the Old Town Square Stage on Thursday evenings from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Logan County Fair and Rodeo
Concessions, carnival, exhibits, parade, livestock sales, and grandstand rodeo events make up the fun at Sterling's Logan County Fairgrounds.
Moffat County Hot Air Balloon Festival
Two balloon launches, a balloon glow, kite flying and pie eating contests and a free concert make up this family friendly festival. Held at Craig's Loudy Simpson Park.
Palisade Peach Festival
Everything is just peachy for visitors here. Festival includes wide array of peach flavored products along with activities and entertainment. Festival takes place at Palisade's Riverbend Park, near Grand Junction.
Garfield County Fair & Rodeo The Garfield County Fairgrounds in Rifle fill with 4-H exhibits, carnival rides, and food vendors.
Dillon Open Regatta Join the Dillon Yacht Club for the world’s highest regatta on Lake Dillon.
Rotary/ Krystal 93 Festival in the Park Town Park in Dillon fills with music, food, and fun for the entire family. The fun begins at noon each day.
Dillon Town End of Summer Firework Celebration Fireworks fill the skies over Dillon as a last celebration of summer.
Bohemian Nights Historic Old Town Fort Collins fills with music during this free three-day music festival.
Fort Collins Tour de Fat: New Belgium Brewing Company Join in on this unique bike parade beginning at Civic Center Park in Fort Collins at 9 a.m.
Sculpture in the Park Benson Sculpture Garden in Loveland fills with artists and art enthusiasts for America’s largest juried outdoor sculpture show and sale. The show begins at 9:30 a.m. each morning.
Larimer County Fair and Rodeo The Larimer County Fairgrounds, also known as The Ranch, fills with rides and games for this Larimer County tradition. There are three major rodeo events to watch, a dog and pony show, and the Gnarly Barley Brew Festival. Event times vary.
Loveland Corn Roast Festival Downtown Loveland comes alive as the community hosts an old-fashioned corn roast festival. Cheer as 35 teams compete in a corn shucking competition, watch as the parade makes its way through downtown, and enjoy all the corn you could possibly eat. Event times vary.
Nelsen's Old Town Car Show Vintage and classic cars converge on Downtown Fort Collins for this annual show that begins at 11 a.m.
FORToberfest Celebrate the end of summer in style with the community of Fort Collins with music, costumes, and brews. The festivities begin at 5 p.m. on Friday.
Longs Peak Scottish- Irish Highland Festival
Venues around Estes Park fill with Highland games, Celtic concerts, delicious food, and all sorts of fun. Times vary per event.
Loveland Oktoberfest Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson hosts this energetic family-friendly annual event that begins at 11 a.m.
CSU Homecoming Pay a visit to Colorado State University for their annual homecoming events including a parade and, of course, a football game. Event times vary.
First Night Fort Collins
Join in on this fun celebration and enjoy comedy, theater, live music, and other fun entertainment in Downtown Fort Collins. The festivities begin at 5 p.m.
Wintersköl Join in on Aspen’s “toast to winter”. Events include a canine fashion show, fireworks, and winter activities on the mountain. Event times vary.
ESPN Winter X Games Watch as over 200 of the world’s best athletes compete in various winter games in the ski-town of Aspen.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean