BEST WESTERN University Inn
914 S College Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80524-3033
Phone: 970/484-2984 | Fax: 970/484-1987 | 70 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
This small and charming Inn across the street from Colorado State University offers easy access to CSU Center for the Arts, government offices, Poudre Valley Hospital, medical centers, as well as plentiful dining, entertainment and shopping in historic Old Town Fort Collins. Experience Adventure Casual in true Fort Collins style; we offer free bicycle rentals to our guests with the Ft. Collins Bike Library on property.
We are close to many local micro-breweries including New Belgium, Odell, Fort Collins Brewery, Funkwerks, Pateros Creek, Equinox, Coopersmith's, and Big Horn Brewery (C.B. & Potts). The regional Anheuser-Busch Brewing, home to the Clydesdale horses, is just a few miles away. The last weekend of June; the annual Colorado Brewers Festival draws visitors from all over the country.
Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy boating, biking, and hiking at beautiful Horsetooth Mountain and Reservoir just minutes away. You can also take a day trip to raft, fish, or take in views on the scenic Poudre River, or see Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. At the end of the day you can unwind in our large heated indoor pool with hot tub. Traveling with a pet? Half our rooms are pet friendly.
We are 100% non-smoking. For the business traveler, rooms with a king bed, and select rooms with two beds, offer a nice work desk area; all rooms include both wireless and hard wired high speed high speed Internet and pillow top beds. You will find exercise and laundry facilities on site as well. For special getaways we also have a deluxe poolside room, and two spacious two room suites which include one and a half baths, wet bar, living room and two 32 inch flat screen televisions.
Need something special? We have a 1,200 square foot meeting room and offer group rates. We invite you to stay with us and book early for great savings and availability during University special events. The BEST WESTERN University Inn is large enough to serve but small enough to care.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast includes coffee, tea, juices, bagels, English muffins, toast, Danish, muffins, fruit, cereal, steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, waffles and a scrambled egg bar.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Guest laundry, coin operated nominal fee per load both washer & dryer seperate
- Indoor pool, heated
- Fax services
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Meeting facilities
- Local shuttle (some restrictions apply)
- Dry cleaning, same day if available
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless high-speed Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business center
- Printer available
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Conference services
- Mail services
- Air-conditioning, lobby, meeting room, guest laundry
- Physically challenged services portable tub transfer bench, portable raised toilet seat
- Physically challenged facilities ramps, door openers
- Ice/Vending machines one in guest laundry, one on second floor east building at south end
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Laundry/valet services available in coin operated machines for a nominal fee
- Pets allowed in some rooms, east building not pet friendly
- Languages spoken by staff English,Spanish, German
BEST WESTERN University Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western university inn in Fort Collins.
BEST WESTERN University Inn
Conveniently located, the best western university inn in Fort Collins, Colorado is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.574805 / Latitude: -105.076925
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 25. Take Exit 268 Prospect Road west four miles. Turn right, north, on College Avenue, Highway 287. Travel four blocks to 914 South College Avenue. The BEST WESTERN University Inn is on the right hand side and across the street from Colorado State University.
BEST WESTERN University Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The Fort Collins-Loveland Municipal Airport provides air travel services for Northern Colorado travelers, in the Loveland and Fort Collins area. This ideal location north of Denver, makes it the closest airport to beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park. Those on a mission to complete a private pilot's license, enjoy time at the airport's fixed base operator, Fort Colllins-Loveland Jet Center. They provide a variety of services including, a Pilot Lounge, hangars, flight planning, conference rooms, rental cars, fuel service and quick turns.
Passengers in need of a commercial flight to Las Vegas and Phoenix-Mesa, enjoy the non-stop flights aboard Allegiant Air. Convenient parking and rental car agencies are also available at the airport. While visiting this wonderful area of Colorado, take time to visit the Colorado State University campus for a fun day, in the gateway to the Front Range of Northern Colorado. Stay in one of the local Best Western hotels, for a comfortable night's rest and excellent guest services.
Recreational enthusiasts in Northern Colorado have it made. Colorado's Rocky Mountains are home to Rocky Mountain National Park, Routt National Forest, Arapaho National Forest and Roosevelt National Forest. Lory State Park encompasses 2,492 acres of land, along the eastern edge of Roosevelt National Forest. This wonderful state park contains beautiful valleys and hills, in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Explore the park's twenty-six miles of trails by foot, bicycle or horseback, for a fun day outside.
Rock climbing is also a popular sport in the park. Since the trails in the east end of the park lead to the adjacent Horsetooth Reservoir, schedule plenty of time for fun on the Reservoir. Boating, kayaking, rafting, canoeing and fishing are fun ways to spend time on the water. Stay close to this magnificent park, as a guest in one of the Fort Collins Best Western hotels and enjoy a wonderful night's rest.
Get ready for summer-time fun in Fort Collins. The annual Rodeo Rocks the Fort is scheduled for late May, for Northern Colorado rodeo fans. Sponsored by the Rodeo News and the Colorado Professional Rodeo Association, Rodeo Rocks the Fort will be jam-packed with excitement.
Make way to Bill Pickett Equine Center Arena on the Colorado State University Foothills campus, to watch the team roping events. This campus encompasses 1,705 acres, west of Fort Collins and is home to the Engineering Research Center and the Animal Reproduction Biotechnology Lab. While in town, check into a local Best Western hotel to enjoy a wonderful night's rest.
The Windsor Arts & Heritage Center once served as the Town Hall, the police station and fire station for Windsor. The center showcases a wonderful collection of historic Windsor photographs and is within walking distance to old town and the Windsor Museum at Boardwalk Park. The park's historic Railroad Depot from 1892 once serviced the Colorado & Southern Railway and the Great Western Railway.
Have fun boating and swimming at Windsor Lake - a great way to round out your visit to Windsor. Best Western hotels offer convenient lodging, south of Fort Collins. Enjoy your time in the Front Range area of northern Colorado, in Fort Collins.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from Old Town Fort Collins, enjoy Fort Collins' premier dining, entertainment, and shopping district just blocks from our hotel.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Fort Collins Museum, this quaint museum features local historical and regional cultural exhibits in our old public library building.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Aggie Theatre, music venue - live shows
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Lincoln Center, traveling and local plays, musicals & art.
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Farm at Lee Martinez
- 8.00 mile(s) from Swetsville Zoo, a quirky sculpture park made from recycled farm machinery and auto parts--there is always something new to discover here
- 10.00 mile(s) from Budweiser Event Center, home of the Larimer County Fair, concerts, shows
- 40.00 mile(s) from Rocky Mountain National Park
- 47.00 mile(s) from Shambhala Mountain Center, Buddhist Temple near Red Feather Lakes, Colorado. The Great Stupa 108' and 20' Buddha, visited by the Dalai Lama in 2006
- .5 mile(s) from Old Town Fort Collins
- 2.5 mile(s) from Foothills Fashion Mall
- 6 mile(s) from Front Range Village
- 17 mile(s) from Prime Outlet Mall
- 17 mile(s) from Centerra
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 11.00 mile(s) from Loveland
- 30.00 mile(s) from Greeley
- 45.00 mile(s) from Cheyenne, Wyoming
- 45.00 mile(s) from Longmont
- 45.00 mile(s) from Estes Park
- 50.00 mile(s) from Boulder
- 55.00 mile(s) from Denver
- 0.10 mile(s) from US Forestry Department
- 1.00 mile(s) from CO Division of Wildlife
- 1.50 mile(s) from New Belgium Brewery, free tours and tastings at the home of Fat Tire Amber Ale and their other hand crafted micro-brews
- 1.50 mile(s) from Odell's Brewing Co.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Poudre Valley Hospital
- 2.50 mile(s) from Woodward Governor
- 2.50 mile(s) from CSU Veterinary Hospital, excellence in veterinary care; handles large & small animals.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Horsetooth Mountain/Reservoir, famous mountain with gaps overlooking town, hikeing, boat rentals at marina, beach, scenic drive
- 7.50 mile(s) from Anheuser-Busch Brewery, free tours, tastings, and visits with the world famous Clydesdale horses.
- 0.5 mile(s) from Colorado State University
- 5 mile(s) from Front Range Community College
- 35 mile(s) from University of Northern CO, in Greeley
- 50 mile(s) from University of Wyoming, in Cheyenne
- 56 mile(s) from University of Colorado, Boulder
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 1.50 mile(s) from Poudre River, follow the foot trail by the river as it meanders through Fort Collins
- 2.00 mile(s) from City Park, public lake with boats, an outdoor swimming pool, 9 Hole golf course. A great way to spend the afternoon.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Edora Pool & Ice Center, (EPIC) indoor swimming pool, skating rink, large park that includes a frisbee golf course
- 5.00 mile(s) from Horsetooth Mountain & Resevoir, hiking, boat rentals, beach, bouldering
- 6.00 mile(s) from Lory State Park, beautiful trails shared with hikers, horses, mountain bikes.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Fort Collins Soccer Complex, recreational playing fields for many of the regions soccer events
- 11.00 mile(s) from Poudre Canyon, plan a day of hiking, biking or fishing along the beautiful Cache la Poudre River
BEST WESTERN University Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Fort Collins. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Colorado Brewers' Festival
Beer lovers can sample Colorado's best brews, hold conversations with local brewers, and enjoy food and music. Held in downtown Fort Collins.
Families can get up close and personal with wool-bearing animals of all types. Activities and shopping in all things wool also included. Event takes place at Stanley Park in Estes Park.
Logan County Fair and Rodeo
Concessions, carnival, exhibits, parade, livestock sales, and grandstand rodeo events make up the fun at Sterling's Logan County Fairgrounds.
Moffat County Hot Air Balloon Festival
Two balloon launches, a balloon glow, kite flying and pie eating contests and a free concert make up this family friendly festival. Held at Craig's Loudy Simpson Park.
Palisade Peach Festival
Everything is just peachy for visitors here. Festival includes wide array of peach flavored products along with activities and entertainment. Festival takes place at Palisade's Riverbend Park, near Grand Junction.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean